Thursday, May 28, 2015

Assignment #1 What About EDM310?


When I decided to switch my major from Healthcare to Education, I was told by my adviser that EDM310 is a lot of work. I was a bit intimidated by this, because I have a really busy household with children. I did some research on the course, which did not ease my fears. My greatest fear was how could I fit such a large workload into my schedule?! So far my classes have been fairly straight forward, in what Dr. Strange would consider “burp back learning”. Basically we get our lessons, memorize our work, and take tests. In EDM310 I can already tell that I need to switch gears, and actually teach myself how to perform the tasks asked of me. Naturally being a very shy person I am not a fan speaking in groups, or group projects. I do realize that in my desired profession I just need to get over it! I’m not sure if its normal, but I have never had a problem speaking around children. In fact, I love engaging with them. For some odd reason when around my equals I just feel like I’m in the spot light, all eyes on me. My nerves get rattled, and I freeze. I do realize that the only way I can tackle this silly fear is to face it head on. The videos that are required for us to do are going to be challenging, but I’m looking forward to doing them, and becoming more secure with my fears. The only questions I have about EMD310 is, how will I know that I am on the right track? I guess I just have to really read through our instructions, and do what is asked of me to the best of my ability.

2 comments:

  1. You will do great speaking in front of your classmates. I have a feeling we are all going to be facing some of our fears in this class and we will power right through them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really grateful we have a small class :) good luck to you as well!

      Delete