Friday, July 10, 2015

Assignment #14

teachers
1. Starting School before 5
2. Making teaching a profession
3. Better academic training
4. Seniority distractions
5. Radical change

This is an interesting article with great points. I'd like to start with the idea of kids starting school before age 5. I have to disagree with this idea, I think any younger then 5 its just to much. I do however think that pre-school options should be more readily available to children under 5. Pre-school should not only be available to children that can afford the hefty fees. It leaves many kids especially those of low incomes behind in the learning race. Next Teaching should without a doubt be one of if not the most important and respected professions today. Educators are the one's who pave the way for every other profession to exists. I believe that better education, and standards should be required. I have seen some of the work from potential future educators, and it is scary. Educational training should come with a heavy work load, and high test score standards. It is unfortunate that many people major in education because they believe it is an "easy profession". By no means should education be easy, molding the future of students should be challenging. Seniority distractions are unfair in my opinion, because there are many great teachers that can replace those who have been around longer. There is no room for inadequate educators when the future of our country depends on it.  Ones professionalism, creativity, effectiveness as a teacher should over-rule seniority. I believe teachers are under paid and should be rewarded based on performance, and knowledge . Kids in under developed communities or inner cities are at a major disadvantage, often missing out on quality education for reasons not their own. Personally growing up in the inner cities of New York I have been a victim of such educational neglect. Fortunately for my family we had the opportunity to move to a more suburban area in which I received a better education.  Every child deserves a chance to receive an exceptional education regardless of socioeconomic status.

No comments:

Post a Comment