Thursday, July 9, 2015

C4T #4

Summary #1:Facebook is Not Ours, It's Theirs : Mr. Weinberger discusses how Facebook has become the standards for the net. He explains how blogging once was something that people took pride in as something that was ours. People are now relying on Networks such as Facebook for self expression, and networking but, its not really ours.

My Comment:I have to agree, call me an old-fashion woman I suppose but, Facebook in my opinion is hogwash compared to blogging. Personally I enjoy my blog. It's mine, and only mine. My blog was created for me so the world can enjoy not the other way around. Facebook is very much not ours. 


Summary #2: PBL to PBW This post discusses the importance of PBL in today's classrooms. Mr. Weinberger explains how PBL should involve real world lesson, rather then still incorporating to much curriculum based learning. PBL should include lesson that students have a passion, and need to know to make it in society. 



My Comment:
 Love this post! PBL is absolutely a wonderful learning tool in the 21st century classroom, but I agree it should be based on real world knowledge. Students have relied on textbooks for far to long only to go into the real world and realize they know nothing at all. PBL is without a doubt a great way to change that cycle, but educators have to take a chance in creating lesson that think outside of the box.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment