Thursday, July 9, 2015

Assignment #13

What Have You Learned About Project-Based Learning? What aspects of PBL are you most excited about using in your English classroom?

Through-out the semester we have explored the world of  Project-Based Learning through many assignments, videos, and blog posts.
Here are some resources to look over that might help.
Brouse through BIE English Language 
AvatarGeneration is a great site with lots of PBL lesson for all grade levels and subjects.

Write a blog post answering the driving questions above.


Answer the question in a post that adheres to the standards found in the ACCRS and in Writing a Quality Blog Post.

Before EDM310 I honestly never heard of project-based learning. It was a new approach to teaching to me, but I was intrigued to know more. We have explored PBL in many ways such as, visits from other teachers, (Mr. Capps, and Mrs. Bennett), videos, and different blogs. I realize now what an impact PBL is making on students, and teachers alike. PBL is a great way for students to brainstorm as a team,and produce better quality work. PBL allows both students and teachers to dig deeper into subjects, making teaching, and learning more effective.
I'm most excited about having students collaborate in making an iBook. Using iMovie, and iBook are great ways for students to get creative and work with their peers. I really believe students will enjoy working together on a project where they can individually express themselves freely, yet work together to make it better. Turning a standard paper into a visual interactive story will give students a chance to think critically, and improve writing/literacy skills.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I never knew about PBL until taking EDM 310, however I am excited to used what we have learned in my classroom as well. I believe this way of teaching will be more fun for us as teachers and to the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I have never heard of PBL either, until I began this class. Students are excited to learn and work on projects with groups when using PBL. am also excited to began using PBL in my future classroom. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...to dig dipper into subjects,…" deeper, not dipper

    IBook; great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overall, great post! As well as the other two commenters, I had never heard of PBL until I got into EDM310. I believe it is important to know about and to further look into. Great job!

    ReplyDelete