Monday, June 29, 2015

Assignment #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?
In this weeks assignment we were asked to discuss what we can learn from Mrs. Cassidy in a 3 part interview with Dr. Strange, and his students. Mrs. Cassidy touch on many interesting and informal topics such as, protecting students identities, monitoring what they can see, twitter, and PLN's. The main topic that I really enjoyed was her outlook on blogging. This is definitely something that I would like to incorporate into my classroom one day. Although this is my first blog, I can already see the benefits, and I rather enjoy it. Mrs. Cassidy made a statement "students become better writers by practicing on blogs" I'd have to agree. I can already see the love I had for writing as a teen coming back from practicing on my blog almost daily. Like Mrs. Cassidy a main concern is always the child's safety, and I think I would prefer to keep identities rather private. With the use of blogs I think my future English student will have the opportunity to express themselves on a whole new level. I can see the sense of pride a student will have after writing a quality piece for the world to enjoy. It can only enhance their drive to become even better writers.
 Here are some links to the interviews: Interview 2, Interview 3.

3 comments:

  1. Why do you have all your text centered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize I had it like that, but I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoy writing on my blog. Look forward like you to incorporating it into my classroom!

    ReplyDelete