Thursday, June 4, 2015

Assignment #3 How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?


Peer review
While watching the following videos What is Peer Editing?Peer Editing with Perfection, and the The top 10 mistakes I realize the importance of the three major rules of peer reviews. Compliments, Suggestions, and Correction. It can become challenging to make constructive criticism on a person that you barely know. Although classmates, we don't know each other on a personal level where opinions won't becoming misconstrued to negativity or as a  threat.

It is extremely important to start any review with a positive open statement to eliminate that initial tension or "threat". Make suggestions in the same manner as you would appreciate suggested to yourself. Be polite, and throughout your feedback always be positive, and empathetic. The more comfortable a person feels with your approach the greater the outcome.

4 comments:

  1. I found there were the same elements in this post as in my post. I see how you interpreted the videos we were assigned and I believe you understood them well. One comment I would make is to use a colon after you say the sentence, "I realize the importance of the three major rules of peer reviews:" and then put your list there instead of starting a new sentence. Overall, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to do constructive criticism on a person you do n to personally k now because you do not know how that person will take the criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed I had errors on my comment from 6/7/15: It is hard to do constructive criticism on a person you do not personally know because you do not know how that person will take the criticism.

    ReplyDelete