Thursday, June 18, 2015

C4T#2

1. Summary of Becky Goerend: Becky is an elementary school teacher who has decided to switch things up,and being come an electives teacher. She reflects on the bond she has made with her students, especially a young 6th grader. 

1. My Comment: Truly this has touch me in so many ways. As an inspiring middle school teacher, these are the connections I hope to one day form with my own students. It is so wonderful to see educators who really cherish these moments, and bonds made. What a blessing it is to make such an impact on a child.




2. Summary: Mrs. Goerend talks about her position on the use of Wikipedia as a reliable source of information. She goes on to explain how, and why she thinks it's an great resource for up to date information. 

2. My Comment: I really love this post. Throughout my school years, it's always been a huge "no" "no" to use Wikipedia as a reliable resource. As a future educator, I would love to adopt your outlook on it. Wikipedia is a great way to get up to date information. As you stated, important information should be backed up by other sources, but Wikipedia is a great start in my opinion. 

1 comment: